Check out the October, 2022 standards update from the Wyoming Department of Education. This issue contains:
- Information on performance standards for Math, Science, and Computer Science.
- Assessment Authoring Tools guides and webinar recordings.
- Dates and updates on the PAEMST award cycle, the Native American Education Conference, and the 2023 U.s. Senate Youth Program.
- STEM updates include: 2nd annual teacher hackathon, a new graduate program, and numerous resource.
- CTE updates about the national conference and other professional learning opportunities.
- Nomination information for the Carol Mead Leader in Literacy Award.
- Fine & Performing Arts grants.
- Scholarship to attend the National Council for History Education Conference free online courses from the Buffalo Bill Center of the West Plains Indian Museum for Social Studies.
Quick tools for formative assessment, teacher clarity and questioning resources, and more professional learning posted!
Formative Assessment Ideas
Are you looking for quick tools for formative assessment? Here are a few ideas!
Teacher Clarity & Questioning Resources
Are you interested in any of these resources? Fill out this quick request by November 4th and they’ll get ordered for you!
- The Teacher Clarity Playbook: A hands-on guide to creating learning intentions and success criteria for organized, effective instruction.
- The Success Criteria Playbook: A hands-on guide to making learning visible and measurable.
- Questioning Sequences in the Classroom: Ask targeted questions to enhance students reasoning skills and increase rigor in classrooms. Use a four-phase questioning sequence to help students make claims, build sound arguments, and provide evidence to support their points.
Looking for credits? New credit opportunities were posted to our Professional Learning page.