Tech Tip Tuesday: Content resources for various content areas across all grade-levels. Some of these are pretty amazing!
Category: Content Resources
October Standards Updates
Check out the October, 2022 standards update from the Wyoming Department of Education. This issue contains:
- Information on performance standards for Math, Science, and Computer Science.
- Assessment Authoring Tools guides and webinar recordings.
- Dates and updates on the PAEMST award cycle, the Native American Education Conference, and the 2023 U.s. Senate Youth Program.
- STEM updates include: 2nd annual teacher hackathon, a new graduate program, and numerous resource.
- CTE updates about the national conference and other professional learning opportunities.
- Nomination information for the Carol Mead Leader in Literacy Award.
- Fine & Performing Arts grants.
- Scholarship to attend the National Council for History Education Conference free online courses from the Buffalo Bill Center of the West Plains Indian Museum for Social Studies.
Gamification Strategy to boost engagement: Search and Destroy
A great way to boost engagement in your classroom is with academic gamification strategies. There are lots of tech options out there, but an “oldie but a goodie” non-tech game is search and destroy which is essentially an academic battleship game.
Here is a pdf copy (of the above image) as well as the gameboard template.
WDE October Learning
Check out the opportunities for learning in October! PTSB credit is available for most of the trainings. Topics include:
- Assessment literacy
- Hathaway scholarship orientation
- Data literacy
- Supporting beginning teachers
- Standards-referenced reporting
- Standards-based learning
- SMART goals for teams